Google

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Fashion Worth Its Weight in Silver

We don't talk much about fashion around here, but it's August and I can't avoid it anymore. Fall fashion is officially shifting into gear (I love that I'm writing this with my AC on, by the way). I am completely in love with all the metallics and studs I'm seeing now. Shiny metals are showing up both on the runway and off, and I'm salivating over these pieces:

Fendi; Donna Karan Collection
-
Dolce and Gabbana; Burberry Prorsum

Jil Sanders

Balenciaga

Yves Saint Laurent

I love all the structure, but Fendi and Balenciaga prove that metallics don't have to be hard as, well, metal. Those shoes make me cry, since there is no way I'll ever be able to afford them at $395 a pair. Aren't they gorgeous though? This is one trend I'm happy to try to incorporate into my wardrobe. Will I ever be able to pull off an entirely studded trench like the one from Burberry? Hell no! But we can all wear more metallic jewlery and maybe even pull out the old BeDazzler to get our own versions of these looks. I'm sure H&M and the Gap will be offering toned down twists (in style and price) on this trend soon enough. Until then, happy drooling!

Big thanks to Elle.com and Style.com for the photos!

2 comments:

The Green Room said...

fabuloso

the Jill Sanders dress looks like a pleather nun dress. me no like.

Leah said...

sort of, maybe. on the right person it would be stunning. the fendi and the d&g are beyond amazing though.